Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Spooky Halloween Glowing Eyes


YAY!  Finally Halloween is here.  I have one more last minute craft for you to do.  This is really easy to do and super cheap.  I plan on putting these in my bushes on the side of the house.  However I can't take credit for thinking these up, there are lots of them floating around the internet.
 

What you will need:

Toliet Paper Rolls or Paper Towel Rolls
Green and White paint
Glow Sticks
Paint Brushes
Scissors or Exacto Knife
 
 
First take all the little bits and pieces of toliet paper and paper towels off of the rolls.  I personally used toliet paper rolls since they were shorter. 
Cut out the design of the eyes that you want.
 
 
Next I painted mine with a watered down green on the outside to blend in with the bushes.  On the inside I painted it white so that the glow sticks would be brighter.
 
 
I found these packs of 15 glow bracelets at the Dollar Tree.
I put one glow stick in each roll.  You will have to bend them so the ends don't hang out.  You can put 2 sticks in there if you would like yours to be brighter.
 
 
Next just hide them where ever you want and let the spookiness begin!
 
 
Cost of this project:
 
$2 for the Glow Sticks at Dollar Tree
 
Toliet paper rolls, green & white paint, paint brushes, scissors and the exacto knife I already had on hand.
 
Update:
These were a huge hit!  I tried to get some pictures of them in the bushes but it was harder than I thought.

 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment