Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Apple Cider Funnel Cakes



Yeah, I'm in trouble with this one but I just couldn't help myself.  These are so good.  I found the recipe over here at Heather's French Press.  I changed it up a little bit to go with what I had on hand.
 
Here is what I did:
 
2 Cups Flour
2 Eggs
3/4 Cup Milk
3/4 to 1 Cup Apple Cider
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Tsp. Salt
Oil for frying
 
Heat oil in pan.  Combine your dry ingredients.  Add in your eggs, milk, apple cider and vanilla.  Your batter should be like pancake batter.  If it's not, add in more liquid (I would suggest more cider for more flavor)  Once oil is heated, swirl batter in pan.  I just used a measuring cup and poured it in slowly.  Fry until they are golden brown.  Flip over and fry on the other side.  Drain them on paper towels.  Let cool a few minutes and then sprinkle them with powdered sugar and cinnamon.   


1 comment:

  1. You are some sort of super DIY savant. I can't wait to make some of these when I next host football.

    ReplyDelete