Saturday, November 3, 2012

Reusable Chore Card Checklists




I just love how my children "forget" to do their chores.  To solve my dilemma, I made these little babies.  While I was at it, I made some for myself to make life easier.
I'm not sure why but I seem to get more things done if I have a checklist right in front of me.
 
Anywho, what you will need to complete this project:
 
A printer and printer paper
Self Laminating 5x7 sheets
Dry erase marker
Eyelets (optional)
Ribbon (optional)
 
 
What you will want to do first is make a list of all of your chores you want to include on your checklist. 
I did mine by daily for each room, then weekly chores to complete, along with a chore card for each child.
Below you will find some ideas for your everyday cards.
 
Sweep Floors
Mop Floors
Wipe down surfaces
Take out garbage
Pick up any clutter
Load/Unload dishwasher
Shake rugs
Wipe out microwave
Wipe down counters
Take laundry to laundry room
Replace hand towels in bathroom
Straighten rugs
Disinfect handles
Make beds
Put clean laundry away
ect.
 
For my weekly chore cards I have things like:
Deep cleaning the bathroom 2x a week
Wash bedding
Mop all floors 2x a week
Vacuum carpets
Wash windows
Sort/Treat Laundry
Laundry 2x a week
Wipe down walls
Plan a weekly menu
Make a shopping list
Throw away 7 things
Dust
Clean out fridge
and a spot for any additional things I want to get done that week
 
 
 
Once you have an idea of what you want on your card, type it up and print it out on your computer.  Cut them down to a 5x7 size to fit in your laminating sheets.
 
 
I used the Scotch brand ones and they worked out really good.  They were very easy to use.  Just read the directions on how to use yours as other brands may be different.  I got the glossy kind so that it would work best with the dry erase markers.  I put 2 lists together back to back so that I could save laminating sheets.
 
 
 

Once I was done with that, I put some eyelets in so that I could run a ribbon through and hang them up.
 
 
Once your done using them for the day, just wipe off the dry erase marker and hang them back up for the next time.

I have them hanging right on the pantry door so that the kids will see them everyday and there won't be any more of the "forgetting". 
 
 
Cost of this project:
 
$5.34 for the laminating sheets at Walmart
Printer paper, ink, marker, eyelets and ribbon I already had on hand.
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment