Don't you just love this weather?
It's been nice and cool here which means it's time to make my favorite fall and winter recipes.
Ham and Potato Soup:
3 1/2 cups peeled & diced potatoes
2 celery stalks diced
1/3 cup onion
2 to 3 carrots chopped
1 clove garlic minced
3/4 cup diced ham
4 1/2 cups chicken broth
4 TBS. flour
2 cups milk
1/8 to 1/4 cup instant mashed potatoes
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, ham and broth in a stock pot. Boil until tender
2. In a seperate bowl wisk together milk and flour until well combined and lumps are gone.
3. Add milk and flour mixture to stock pot and stir until combined.
4. Add in instant mashed potatoes.
5. Cook until thickened. (if you like it thicker, just add more instant mashed potatoes or more flour)
This is a very hearty meal and it feeds my family of 4 with leftovers. I personally like to serve it with a sourdough bread or breadsticks.