Saturday, September 1, 2012

Halloween "Wicked" 2x4's


Here is another super easy Halloween project.
I made these to go above my cabinets in the kitchen.
 
 
What you will need:
6 2x4's cut to different lengths ( Mine are 9 inches, 8 inches, and 7 inches / 2 of each.)
Scrapbook paper of your choice
Black paint
Modge Podge
Vinyl
Witches Hat (optional)
Glow in the Dark paint (optional)
Ribbon (optional)
 
First take your blocks and paint them.  I used a black flat spray paint for this but you could use any black paint.
Then what you will want to do is cut out some scrapbook paper to fit on your wood pieces.  I tore mine around the edges to give it a worn look.
Modge Podge those down to the wood.  Then Modge Podge over the top.  I find that if I let it dry competely before going over the top with Modge Podge that I have less bubbles.
I did about 2 coats of this.  Let those dry competely.
 


Now you can cut out your vinyl lettering.  If you don't have a way to cut out vinyl, you can always just paint letters on with black paint. 
Add your lettering to the blocks.
From here you can add a little witch's hat if you would like.  I found this little one at Hobby Lobby in the Halloween section.  I added the orange ribbon to it and then painted on the spider with glow in the dark paint that I also found at Hobby Lobby.
 
 
 
I am pretty happy with the results of this project.
 


Total Cost of this Project:
 
Witch's Hat $1.99
Glow in the Dark Paint $2.39 ($3.99 minus a 40% off coupon I had)
Black Spray Paint $1.59 at Kmart
 
Wood, Scrapbook paper, vinyl, ribbon and Modge Podge I already had on hand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment