Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentines Mason Jar Candle Holder



Do you have mason jars hanging around?  I do.  I have a ton of them that I used for canning.  I don't can as much as I use to so I always have extra jars that I can spare for crafting.
 
Valentines is one of those holidays that I feels always gets overlooked as far as decor goes.  This is a simple project that doesn't cost much.  In fact you probably have most of it on hand already.
 
What you will need:
Mason jar
Scraps of tissue paper (various colors)
Scissors
Modge Podge
Paint brush
 

Start by cutting out some hearts.  Make them all different sizes and colors.
 
 
Next you will want to start applying a thin layer of Modge Podge on your jar.  Do this sections at a time to make it easier. 
 
 
Place your tissue paper on the glue and smooth out.  Keep doing this a little at time until you reach the end.
 
 
Fold the edges in the jar and on the bottom.  Glue those down also.  Now just let it dry.
 

Now you can start adding on your hearts.  Put some glue down on the jar and place your heart on top.
 
 


Smooth that out.
Keep doing that until you have your jar looking the way you want it to.  We did a little layering on top of other hearts too.
 
 
Let it all dry.  Once that happens, you can add a thin layer of Modge Podge over the whole jar to seal it all in.
 
And there it is, an easy Valentines project for anyone.  As you can see my daughter did most of this by herself. 
 
Cost of this project:
Practically nothing.
I had the tissue paper, jar, Modge Podge, paint brush and scissors on hand.
 
Did you make this project?  Link me to it!  I would love to see it!
 




1 comment:

  1. I wish I had of found your site sooner... especially for the Christmas stuff!Cute Ideas!

    ReplyDelete