Monday, January 14, 2013

Crockpot Pork Tacos

 
I love using my crockpot every chance I get.  It makes my life so much easier.  My husband is a HUGE taco fan.  He would eat them every night if I would let him.  It tends to get boring with the same old thing so when I came across this recipe over at Chef in Training, I knew I had to make them.  I changed it up a bit in order to fit my families needs and they turned out awesome!
 
What you will need:
3 lb. pork roast
2 4oz. cans of green chiles
1 package of taco seasoning
1 TBS cumin
Corn shells
Shredded lettuce
Mexican blend cheese
Sour cream
1 lime
Salsa
 
Place your pork roast in your crockpot along with 1 can of chiles, taco seasoning and the cumin.  Let that cook on low for about 6-8 hours.  Now my crockpot gets hotter than others so mine went a little faster.  Once that gets all yummy and tender, remove roast and shred with 2 forks.  Add back to the crockpot and add in your additional can of chiles.  You can use more cans of chiles if you would like but that would have been way to spicy for my kiddos so I stuck with 2.  Let that cook another 1/2 hour to hour on low.
Now you can build your tacos.  We used lettuce, cheese, sour cream and squeezed lime on ours.  They were so yummy that I will definately be making these again.  Plus this recipe makes alot so you can invite some friends over or just save it for leftovers!


1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm totally stealing this recipe :).

    Enjoy your day!

    - Talia
    rubytiaradiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete