Monday, August 20, 2012

Halloween Countdown



Halloween is coming soon so I am trying to get all of my little projects done that are on my list.  This project was really easy to do and can make a big impact in your decor.  You can google Halloween Countdown and find a ton of different ways to do this but here is how I did mine.



What you will need for this project:

2 2x2 cubes for the numbered blocks
1 2x2x4 for the bottom piece
Black paint
Modge Podge
Scrapbook paper (I used 6 different designs)
Vinyl (see below)


First cut your blocks.  If you don't have a way to cut them yourself, most home improvment stores can do it for you. 
Take your blocks outside and paint them.  I chose a flat black spray paint for this project.
Once they have dried you can start adding your scrapbook paper.  I cut my pieces of paper a little smaller than the cubes so that you could see the black edges.
Put a thin layer of the Modge Podge on a side of the block and lay a piece of the scrapbook paper down.
Modge Podge over that with a thin layer.  Continue until all of your surfaces are covered.
I let mine dry and went over them again a few times just to make sure I had nice coverage.
For the bottom piece of the countdown, I printed "Countdown to Candy" out on my printer first and then Modge Podged the paper to the block.
Once everything is nice and dry, you can add your vinyl.  This is where my cricut comes in handy.  If you don't have one, you can print the numbers out on the paper first and then Modge Podge them or you can paint them on.
On block 1 you will need the numbers:
0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5
On block 2 you will need the numbers:
0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 (the 6 will be used as a 9 also)
Easy peasy and so cute!






This project cost me next to nothing to make since I already had everything on hand.  The whole project was made from scraps that were laying around from previous projects.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment