Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Google Eye Picture Frame


The other day on Pinterest I ran across this cute little frame done by Joy In The Jungle.  She got her inspiration from A Diamond In The Stuff.  I loved this so much that I needed to create my own.


What you will need for this project:

1 wooden picture frame (I used a 4x6)
Google Eyes
Hot Glue
Paint (optional)
Some sort of picture to go inside your frame
Ribbon (optional)


First you will need to paint your frame.  I chose a "monster" green color for mine.  It took me about 3 coats of paint to get it the way I wanted it.
Next, glue down your google eyes.  I started with a big eye and went from there.


While the eyes were drying I printed out an image of Frankenstein on purple cardstock.  I just googled an image.  You could do any picture you want.

After I was finsihed I had an extra bag and a half left over of the google eyes so I decided to cover an old candle jar with some.  I painted the jar the same color as the frame and glued the eyes down the same way as the frame.  I added a black ribbon on the top of the jar.  I will add one of those battery operated tea lights to the inside.

Here is the finished product:

I still might add a little bow to the top of the frame in the corner for a little extra something.  This project was very easy to do and most of the items came from the Dollar Tree.

The cost of this project:

4x6 picture frame $1 (Dollar Tree)
2 packs of google eyes $2 (Dollar Tree)
Cardstock, Jar, Ribbon, Hot Glue and Paint I had on hand.

*If you only wanted to create the frame, you could just buy one package of the google eyes*




No comments:

Post a Comment