Saturday, June 29, 2013

Candy Bouquets

Are you in need of a cute gift for someone?  This is great for any age and any occasion.  I made these for Father's Day but you could easily change it up for a different holiday.
 


What you will need:
 
Candy of your choice
Tissue Paper
Small Wooden Dowels
Scrapbook Paper
Printer (optional)
Container of some sort
Floral Foam
Hot Glue Gun
 


I bought enough supplies to make 2 bouquets.
First you are going to want to unpack all of your candies and get your hot glue gun plugged in.
The containers I used for this I found at Walmart and they are actually pencil holders.  You could use any container, bucket or pot you want for this project.
 


Place a line of hot glue on the top of one of the dowel rods.  Line up a candy bar and hold for a few seconds to make sure it sticks.  I used the fun sized bars but you could used regular sized ones if you want to.
 
 
Keep going until you have used up all of the candy bars.
 
 
Now that you have finished with all of that, place your floral foam into your container.  Start putting in the dowel rods into the foam to make your bouquet.  I put some of mine in at angles so the bouquet would look fuller.
 
 
Once I had that done, I stuffed some tissue paper down in the container so that you didn't see a bunch of dowel rods.
 
 
Dress it up with a little sign to finish it off.
 
 
These were a HUGE hit with my Hubby and Dad.  They were really easy to do and my daughter had a lot of fun helping me make them.
 
All supplies came from Walmart except for what I had on hand.
 
Total cost for this project which will make 2 bouquets:
 
$8 for the Candy (fun sized bars)
$1 for the Containers ($0.50 each on clearance)
$1.94 for the Dowel Rods ($0.97 each)
$1.97 for Floral Foam
 
Tissue paper, hot glue, and scrapbook paper I already had on hand.
 
 
Did you make this project?  Link me!  I would love to see it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment